Designing a studio apartment can show to be very exciting as all the things are a part of a single undivided space. All the different parts of a house such as sleeping area, cooking area, dining area, study area, and the living area exists together and hence the decoration of the apartment is a hard job. Here are some tips that will help you figure out just that…
- Making storage space is always a problem in a studio apartment. Try to purchase furniture that performs a double duty, to have efficient storage space, as studio apartments are known to have limited space, you can easily find ottomans and chairs with storing space. You just need to lift the top to access the storage area. You can use this space for storing your pillows, blankets and other items.
- Mirrors reflect light and make a room look light and airy. They are great to hang in small rooms since the give the illusion of a larger space. Hanging a mirror or two on your walls could really open up your studio apartment.
- Create a loft and make it accessible by stairs, if your studio apartment has adequate height. You can use this as a storing part or change it as a hobby or learning area.
- Avoid blocking the source of light. Limiting natural light to travel in by the use of curtains and blinds will make the room look packed and small. Leave the windows completely bare or at the most dress them with sheer fabric to permit the light to come in.
- Studio apartments should always be painted in lighter colors, unless they are really large. It is not compulsory to stick with whites and creams but using light colors such as soothing pink, yellow, blue, shall enlarge the space and make it look big.
- Use vessels to hide litter. Buy bamboo bags or old steamer shorts to store out-of-season clothing, linens and towels. They will look great and contain all of those small items that make a room look messy.
Designing a small apartment studio into a convenient little hub is not a very easy task. For the alteration to take place, it needs imagination, endurance and a skill to be highly imaginative. These easy steps along with exact solutions for individual spaces will surely help you get over your small scale designing woes. Otherwise you can also depend on best interior professionals for all your interior works. Here is a good interior decoration company which can help you. For any interior works you can contact them via their website or phone (04-2863101)
Article source: All About Interior